16-19 Tuition Fund 2021/22
UCG 16-19 Tuition Fund Statement
For the academic year 2021/22 the DfE have provided additional funds for the purpose of supporting learners whose learning has been disrupted as result of the Covid 19 pandemic, to provide additional learning time to individual or small groups of learners, depending on identified need.
UCG will be providing additional learning hours to main programme provision, to support 16-19 years old learners to catch up and close any gaps in their learning and achieve their full potential. The support will range across English, maths, vocational and academic subjects where learning has been disrupted and it is identified that learners would benefit from additional tuition.
Who are the students in scope?
- All students aged 16-19, who have not yet achieved a grade 4 or 5 in English and/or maths.
- Students who have a grade 4 or above in English and/or maths but are from an economically disadvantaged background and need additional tuition to achieve their full potential.
- Eligible students with special educational needs and disabilities
- Students on vocational or academic qualifications (who fall into one of the first 3 categories above) who need extra support and tuition to develop their vocational or academic skills
How is UCG using this fund:
- Additional small group tuition workshops in English and maths for topic support
- GCSE and Functional Skills revision workshops for assessment/ revision/ consolidation of knowledge and skills
- Skills and knowledge building workshops for eligible learners to focus on study skills and focused support for the embedding of technical, vocational and academic skills
- Skills building workshops for students whose qualification route includes a ‘licence to practise’ element
- Skills development for students with SEND to support learners to develop study, vocational and academic skills.
The funds will be ring fenced to support the above activity.